A tearful journey, 1 cathedral, 1 wedding, rainbows and a bbq!
Hello! I know its been a poor effort on my blog in the last couple of weeks..so thought I'd better update it! Its been another busy but great week and weekend!
Finished work Friday and dashed to Chelmsford to the cathedral to set up and sound check with other members of the brilliant Elim worship team, for an evening with Tony Campolo for the churches in Chelmsford. It was a good night. On thurs night after work I was feeling very heavy in my heart about poverty, the state of the world and other things and it would not go away. I felt like the responsibility was resting on my shoulders and I found myself crying out to God in my car on the way home. I had read during lunch at work that 22 children and 34 adults had been killed at a kenyan school. The news didn't mention it though, as it was about the bombings in London. I kept thinking about the fact that one child dies every 3 seconds from malnutrition. When Tony Campolo spoke on Friday night, it was like he'd been in my car on Thurs evening. God wants to use us -we're his hands and his feet. Ask God to let you see with His eyes and feel with His heart, but be aware that He may do just that!
Saturday was a great day, as my mate Ian from work got married! For those of you who have been to a Hand-In-Hand quiz, its the same Ian that composes the questions from the front! It was a lovely day -wedding in South Woodham Ferrers and the reception at the Contented Sole in Burnham on Crouch.
Today, I've been helping with the children in Rainbows and have just got back from a BBQ for the worship team at Joy and John Wilson's. It has been a glorious afternoon, relaxing in their garden in the sun.
The other week, Kelly, Charlotte and myself went to London for our Brazil Orientation day. We met the rest of the team (well some of the 19 of us!) and also others from different teams also going out with hand in hand. It was a good day and by the end, the excitement had kicked in. Four weeks to go!
Will post more later in the week.....
Finished work Friday and dashed to Chelmsford to the cathedral to set up and sound check with other members of the brilliant Elim worship team, for an evening with Tony Campolo for the churches in Chelmsford. It was a good night. On thurs night after work I was feeling very heavy in my heart about poverty, the state of the world and other things and it would not go away. I felt like the responsibility was resting on my shoulders and I found myself crying out to God in my car on the way home. I had read during lunch at work that 22 children and 34 adults had been killed at a kenyan school. The news didn't mention it though, as it was about the bombings in London. I kept thinking about the fact that one child dies every 3 seconds from malnutrition. When Tony Campolo spoke on Friday night, it was like he'd been in my car on Thurs evening. God wants to use us -we're his hands and his feet. Ask God to let you see with His eyes and feel with His heart, but be aware that He may do just that!
Saturday was a great day, as my mate Ian from work got married! For those of you who have been to a Hand-In-Hand quiz, its the same Ian that composes the questions from the front! It was a lovely day -wedding in South Woodham Ferrers and the reception at the Contented Sole in Burnham on Crouch.
Today, I've been helping with the children in Rainbows and have just got back from a BBQ for the worship team at Joy and John Wilson's. It has been a glorious afternoon, relaxing in their garden in the sun.
The other week, Kelly, Charlotte and myself went to London for our Brazil Orientation day. We met the rest of the team (well some of the 19 of us!) and also others from different teams also going out with hand in hand. It was a good day and by the end, the excitement had kicked in. Four weeks to go!
Will post more later in the week.....
2 Comments:
Good to know your'e still out there!!
Your blog was very thought provoking. Kevin and I saw some footage about Kenya and were moved to tears. This waste of human life is just astounding. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We were discussing how pampered we are in the West. Just because bereavement is more commonplace in African and other underdeveloped countries doesn't take the anguish away.
Heard that the Worship Team was great at the Cathedral.
Keep blogging, Lisa, they are really interesting.
:-)
Sarah
By
SarahB, at 10:33 pm
I enjoyed the worship at the cathedral too thankyou Nicole
By
Nicole's Psalm, at 11:07 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home