Where in the world...Pearcy's World!!! No worries

Friday, April 15, 2005

And the decision is...............

I WON!!! The appeal inquiry was DISMISSED! The appellants application for costs against us also failed!!
Thanks for praying it really made a difference!

Culford was a great weekend away -can it really be 3 weeks ago already! As well as great teaching, worship and sport, £623 was raised for Hand-In-Hand through various mad events including our very own 'Fame Academy'!

Flights are booked for Brazil and I can't wait to get back out there and see everyone and see what God is doing in their lives. Very excited!

Recently I've been wondering why God gave me a soft sensitive heart, which can be easily bruised and broken. How many times can Humpty Dumpty be put back together again? However, I've come to realise that I wouldn't want it any other way. Sometimes, despite all the hurt, we need to have a heart that can be broken so that God can give us a passion for different things like injustices and causes, so that we can understand how He feels about things and so we are able to respond to Him and to others. People often talk about 'wearing your heart on your sleeve' which often implies that someone is vunerable. I would rather have a soft heart, which means that I can be vunerable and honest before God and others, then have a hardened heart, which although may be able to take a bashing, has walls around it, which stops any real emotion or honesty.

God will always be there to help us up when we fall, or when we are crushed and hurt. He won't ever hurt you.

When Carolyn sang that song on Sunday night, I felt God say that I'm to give Him back my heart, it doesn't matter what state its in, how battered and bruised it is. He still wants it. I can't fix it on my own, no matter how hard I try. I don't want to build walls of protection, with God's help, its going back onto my sleeve.

3 Comments:

  • Great news about the appeal, Culford and fundraising.

    Really appreciated your comments on soft hearts - beautiful.

    When are you off to Brazil?

    Take care,

    Sarah :-)

    By Blogger SarahB, at 1:22 am  

  • Hi Lisa, Glad to hear re: appeal, Culford and fundraising. He is indeed Jehovah Jireh Our Provider!!!!
    About the heart, we can only be real and open if our security is definitely in God. Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 10:52 pm  

  • thnakd for the post Lisa,
    Glad that the appeal went well
    :)
    Thanks for the thoughts on having a soft heart. Sometimes I find I just want to be really hard hearted toward circumstances because I don't always like them. Unfortunately that has a tendancy to overflow to people, and I end up getting harsh on people sometimes.

    I'll try an have that soft heart, and let God take care of it, like you were saying

    shasa

    By Blogger commentator33, at 3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Free Web Site Counter