Thanks for praying..
Thanks all for praying for me, it really did make such a difference. Thanks for all the encouraging text messages. My phone has never been so busy!
Normally before something like this, I would find it really difficult to go to sleep the night before, but last night I slept like a log and went out like a light!
The council strike was called off, so I had some staff to help me out with practical admin stuff and the day was ok. The appellants did have a barrister and I was asked some awkward questions, but I stayed calm throughout and coped with them all. There was a lot of stuff which we thought they would question me about and bring up but they didn't, so that was good. My barrister did a brilliant job. The day had some funny moments involving having to do the site inspection twice and the lights in the room causing problems so we sat in the dark at one point! But the whole time, I was really aware of God's peace and I was able to keep it in perspective.
I now just have to wait a few weeks for the inspectorate's decision and whether he will allow the appellants application for costs against the council. I will let you know the outcome! I'm just glad its over!
Thanks again for praying. It means a lot and made a huge difference!
Normally before something like this, I would find it really difficult to go to sleep the night before, but last night I slept like a log and went out like a light!
The council strike was called off, so I had some staff to help me out with practical admin stuff and the day was ok. The appellants did have a barrister and I was asked some awkward questions, but I stayed calm throughout and coped with them all. There was a lot of stuff which we thought they would question me about and bring up but they didn't, so that was good. My barrister did a brilliant job. The day had some funny moments involving having to do the site inspection twice and the lights in the room causing problems so we sat in the dark at one point! But the whole time, I was really aware of God's peace and I was able to keep it in perspective.
I now just have to wait a few weeks for the inspectorate's decision and whether he will allow the appellants application for costs against the council. I will let you know the outcome! I'm just glad its over!
Thanks again for praying. It means a lot and made a huge difference!
2 Comments:
Glad to know this went well, Lisa. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Have a Happy Easter.
:-)
Sarah
By
SarahB, at 11:57 pm
good to hear things went well Lisa. Have a good time @ Culford
By
commentator33, at 10:01 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home