I feel like an O.A.P!
I was driving home last night and somehow I jolted my left shoulder -it is pretty painful and aches! Changing gear can be quite a painful task! Don't ask me how I did it, as I don't know!
My legs are also aching like mad! Why? Well on Saturday I climbed up to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral with my work mates! Loads and loads of steps! Twas a fantastic view though and we had a clear view right across London. I would add my pics, but I still can't figure it out!
Christopher Wren who was the architect of St. Pauls managed to get it built in 35 years and kept the whole thing undercover and out of sight from anyone till it was finished! What an amazing achievement! Its 365ft high! How he did it, I cannot imagine! He had loads of obstacles and opposition to what he was building, but he still managed to go ahead and get it done.
It made me think again of Nehemiah, who still made sure the wall was built even when he had lots of opposition, and what about Noah and the opposition he got about building the ark. Can you imagine if they'd given up at the first sign of trouble, put down their tools and gone home. If we're struggling, we need to focus on the end result, the reason for what we're doing and look to who we are serving.
We thought about being a servant for God last night at church. Sometimes we like to put things off, as we wait for moments in our life to come first or for the right circumstances to come along. A thought to think about:
'SERVE WHERE YOU STAND' -Even if you're not where you want to be, you can serve God exactly where you are. So don't underestimate the importance of your present place at school, college or at work and don't wait for a better day to serve God. Theres no better day to serve than today!
My legs are also aching like mad! Why? Well on Saturday I climbed up to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral with my work mates! Loads and loads of steps! Twas a fantastic view though and we had a clear view right across London. I would add my pics, but I still can't figure it out!
Christopher Wren who was the architect of St. Pauls managed to get it built in 35 years and kept the whole thing undercover and out of sight from anyone till it was finished! What an amazing achievement! Its 365ft high! How he did it, I cannot imagine! He had loads of obstacles and opposition to what he was building, but he still managed to go ahead and get it done.
It made me think again of Nehemiah, who still made sure the wall was built even when he had lots of opposition, and what about Noah and the opposition he got about building the ark. Can you imagine if they'd given up at the first sign of trouble, put down their tools and gone home. If we're struggling, we need to focus on the end result, the reason for what we're doing and look to who we are serving.
We thought about being a servant for God last night at church. Sometimes we like to put things off, as we wait for moments in our life to come first or for the right circumstances to come along. A thought to think about:
'SERVE WHERE YOU STAND' -Even if you're not where you want to be, you can serve God exactly where you are. So don't underestimate the importance of your present place at school, college or at work and don't wait for a better day to serve God. Theres no better day to serve than today!
3 Comments:
thanks loads for sharing that Lisa. I didn't get to church Sunday night but it's weird I've been thinking about that today. Serving where we stand even if we would really like to serve somehow or someplace different
shasa
By
commentator33, at 3:56 pm
yeh, cheers lisa, so true!
By
ginger luke, at 9:59 pm
Come on lisa!!!!!!! ur slacking! ;-)
By
ginger luke, at 10:20 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home