Where in the world...Pearcy's World!!! No worries

Saturday, February 26, 2005

I want to be a tree!



Ok, before you think I've lost the plot or am trying to be that kid off that old advert from a while back, I will explain what I mean!

As I've been reading the Purpose Driven Life book this week, I noticed the illustrations of the Oak tree, the branches, leaves and roots e.t.c. that have been used.

I'm a planning officer and as well as dealing with planning applications for development, I also deal with a lot of trees! One case I have at the moment involves a large, beautiful old oak tree. The owner wants us to put a Tree Preservation Order on the tree to protect it, as the neighbours' insurance company have told her that they wish to fell it, as it may be causing subsidence damage to their property. My role is to work alongside our Arboricultural officer and assess the evidence of damage versus the value of the tree and if necessary serve a Tree preservation Order to stop it from being felled.

Today, I just want to ask a few questions....

-What kind of tree are you?
-What are your roots attached to/striving towards?
-Are your roots deep and strong?
-Do your branches stay strong when life gets windy?
-Do you desire to produce fruit?
-Do you have some deadwood that needs to be removed?
-Are you receiving regular maintenance/input?
-Are your roots so strong that Satan's worried about the impact you're having?
-Are you protected by a Tree Preservation Order (Armour of God)?

As we continue to read the Purpose Driven Life....maybe God wants to use the illustrations as well as the words to challenge us. Keep reading and keep blogging all. It's really encouraging reading your thoughts about God and life.

3 Comments:

  • Lisa,

    Excellent blog, very thought provoking.

    Best wishes,

    :-)

    Sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 pm  

  • Nice one, Lisa!

    Particularly loved the comment about roots being strong enough that Satan is worried about the impact we're having.

    It's also a good reminder to not just focus on words alone, for God will speak to us in many ways - we need to keep all our senses alert.

    Love & Hugs

    Pat

    By Blogger PatK, at 10:46 am  

  • Hi Lisa, What challenging questions? Oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord comes to mind. Yes as long as the Lord plants it. amen thankyou. Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Free Web Site Counter